Oregon Disability Placards Types and Rules
The Oregon DMV issues several types of placards for handicapped parking:
- Renewable parking permit: For people with permanent disabilities.
- Wheelchair permits: For wheelchair users.
- Family permit: For families with at least 2 people with disabilities who live at the same address.
- Program permit: For organizations that transport people with disabilities.
- Temporary permits for:
- People with temporary disabilities.
- People traveling outside of Oregon.
NOTE: The only disability license plates in Oregon are disabled veteran plates, which must be accompanied by a disability placard for handicapped parking access.