About OPVA

Mission Statement

Oregon Paralyzed Veterans of America (OPVA), incorporated in 1976, is a chapter of Paralyzed Veterans of America. OPVA serves the needs of its Members – U.S. military veterans with spinal cord injury or disease (SCI/D) – and helps them enjoy the highest possible quality of life.OPVA, Members, Associate Members, Family Members, Volunteers, and allied organizations work to provide leadership and advocacy in

  •       Improving health care and SCI/D research and education
  •       Protecting veterans rights and benefits
  •       Improving awareness of disability rights
  •       Offering sports and health-promotion activities
  •       Increasing accessibility and removing architectural barriers in Oregon, Southwest Washington, and Idaho.

A 501(c)(3) charity, OPVA relies on grants and donations from members of the public.

OPVA History

The Paralyzed Veterans of America is a veterans’ service organization in the United States of America, founded in 1946. The organization holds 34 chapters and 69 National Service Offices in the United States and Puerto Rico. It is based in Washington D. C.

The Chapter of the State of Oregon was certified by PVA on July 19, 1976 however until November 5, 1976, the Department of Commerce Corporation Division certified the incorporation.

Officers, Board Members and Directors

Officers

Larry Gardner
President 
Bill Gray
Vice President
Dan Service
Secretary
Roger Robinson
Treasurer
Tom Hurt
Executive Director

National Director

Bill Gray

National Service Officer

Ken Fink
503-412-4762

Program Directors

Roger Robinson
Government Relations

Mike Rosenbalm
Hospital Liaison

Susan Holt
MS Liaison

Dan Service
Sports Director

Clyde Harmon
Parking Enforcement

Ambassador

Kenneth Townsend
Bend District

Dennis Hooper
Southern Oregon

Don Wyatt
Idaho District

SOCIAL MEDIA

X